Catt Tripoli also known as Cathey Palyo, is a former professional bodybuilder who has been involved in the health and fitness field for over 36 years. She has been the creative force behind four gyms, including Powerhouse Gym in Santa Rosa, CA, which she currently owns and operates. Bodybuilding saved Catt’s life; through dedicated practice, she gained not only outer strength, but an inner resilience that transcends sport. Raised in an apocryphal religious belief system that severely restricted both aspirations and involvement with the outside world, Catt found the courage to break away and seek her own path. Once she found bodybuilding, she rose quickly through the amateur ranks, earning her pro card by winning the overall title at the Ms. Universe competition in Singapore in 1986. In 1988 she won the Ms. International contest (now the Arnold Classic), the highlight of her professional bodybuilding career. She has been featured on the covers of Muscular Development and Muscle & Fitness magazines, as well as several international fitness publications in Belgium, France, Mexico, the Netherlands and Greece. She was only the second woman to be featured on the cover of Flex, bodybuilding’s premier magazine.
She is also the author of Conscious Fitness, a guidebook for mastering that inner territory and applying that wisdom to maximize your workout—and evolve in body, mind and spirit.
Inspired Round Q&A:
- Most Inspiring Book-
- Power vs. Force, David Hawkins
- Favorite Song-
- Listens to her body when she works out, not music
- Old Motown, Smokey Robinson, Temptations, Bruno Mars
- Best Resource-
- Her spiritual teachers, everyone should experience at some point in their lives.
- Friends, the internet for research
- Clients become her resource because she learns so much from them
- Surprising Fact About Catt-
- She’s a very shy person but changed when she was a teenager.
- Most Important Thing to Know About Catt-
- She wants people to know she’s extremely accessible and approachable and she’s not the hardass people think she is, she’s on the journey just like everyone else. She’s very approachable!
- email: catt.consciousfitness (at) gmail.com
- She loves to hear from people
Thank You for Listening! Just One Favor…
If you loved what you heard, I’d love it if you’d share it using the social media buttons at the top or side of this page!
If you like what you’re hearing on Inspired Conversations, I would be very appreciative of your Rating & Review in iTunes. Which will allow the show to reach an even greater audience! I will make sure to thank you by name for your (hopefully) 5-star review on an upcoming show!