Mastin Kipp is an American entrepreneur, best-selling author, and renowned public speaker. Mastin is the creator of Functional Life Coaching™, an innovative, unique and accelerated approach to creating lasting personal and business change. Mastin is recognized by coaching industry contemporaries and luminaries like Oprah Winfrey, Tony Robbins, Arianna Huffington, Caroline Myss, Marianne Williamson, Dr. Aviva Romm, M.D. (Yale Integrative Medicine) and Georgetown Professor Cal Newport as a thought leader in accelerated life transformations and personal development. Mastin’s company, under his own name, is a successful international personal development company that helps people create rapid change, discover and connect to their life’s purpose, and live their lives to their fullest potential.
Mastin’s methodology, Functional Life Coaching™, differs from his peers and predecessors in that it focuses not just on rapid behavioural change, but uses a systems approach to efficiently identify and dissolve the root cause that is impeding optimal human progress and success. Mastin is known for his candid and direct approach — getting straight to the heart of the matter with clients and audiences – which aides him and his clients to get to the underlying cause of a client’s problem in an accelerated manner.
Through his writing, best-selling book, online courses, in-person seminars and international retreats, Mastin has worked with over two million people in over 100 countries around the world. Previously, Mastin founded and ran The Daily Love, a popular website, email, and Twitter account, which helped launch his career as an innovator in the field of personal development.
Mastin appears regularly on television and in print. Mastin toured with “Oprah’s Lifeclass” and was featured on Ms. Winfrey’s Emmy® award-winning show “Super Soul Sunday” as a leader of the next generation of spiritual thinkers. Mastin was recognized on the inaugural SuperSoul 100 list, a collection of awakened leaders who are using their voices and talent to elevate humanity.
Mastin is the author of the #1 best-selling book, Daily Love: Growing into Grace. Mastin was included on Mind Body Spirit Magazine’s list of “The 100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People”. Mastin published his second book called Claim Your Power: A 40-Day Journey to Dissolve the Hidden Blocks That Keep You Stuck and Finally Thrive in Your Life’s Unique Purpose, which launched at #1 on Amazon in New Releases. He has been featured in outlets like Well + Good, Huffington Post, and has appeared on Fox News, ABC, CBS News, and more.
In this Podcast:
- Distinctions with what Mastin means by trauma
- How this conversation accelerates getting you where you want to be in your life
- This is a direct conversation about what’s holding you back
- Claiming your power and how he defines purpose
- How you find your hidden blocks around identifying emotional trauma
- How the things we want have a level of trauma that comes with achieving it
- If you’re a human you have emotional trauma
- It’s about looking at where your blocks are… look at behaviors you want to change
- Getting to the emotional root cause of the blocks – this is the work
- What happens when you discover the root cause of trauma?
- Mastin explains portal of the moment of choice to keep yourself safe
- No shame around any of the decisions we make to keep ourselves safe
- There’s no such thing as bad behavior it’s all coping behavior to keep you safe
- This is where compassion comes in for yourself and others
- You’re not done once you get the aha moment. There’s more work to be done
- The problem is the unhealed trauma
- Our body is making unconscious decisions for us to keep us safe based on previous responses and picking up information to say stop that’s dangerous
- Adaptation behavior happening unconsciously before you even realize it’s happening
- People are scared of something outside of themselves but what they are really scared of are the sensations they are feeling in their bodies
- What might have been adaptive and good to keep you safe won’t work as you grow and make changes.and not being ashamed for it is the reason
- Lifestyle is the way and being in practice and it’s personal to you
- Goal is to have your environment match who you want to be and what your trying to become- your home, your business, your community, your good health
- Environment trumps beliefs
- Emotions are misunderstood by society
- Mastin teaches principles more than specifics
- Learn how to ask for help in life
- He has a front row seat to the actual news of his clients transformations and growth which is impacting the world
- He shares his insights and understanding of the female and male brains and how this contributes to our specific behaviors
- Books – The Male Brain, Louann Brizendine and The Female Brain, Louann Brizendine
- Look at the behavior you want to change there is no bad behavior there is only adaptation for change there is no shame
- Engage more ask for help get a mentor and a tribe the more you engage in life the more it helps you
- The level of engagement in the situation and have emotional engagement to feel safe. To stop isolating
- Do the work
Inspired Round Q&A:
- Most Inspiring Book-
- Favorite Song-
- Best Resource-
- Surprising Fact About Mastin-
- Most Important Thing to Know About Mastin-
- He’s trying hard he’s not a salesman or marketer it’s a mission play he’s dedicating his life to this work. Doing research and doing discovery to bring this to market. Because he wants people to know he’s one of the good guys!!
Thank You for Listening! Just One Favor…
If you loved what you heard, I’d love it if you’d share it using the social media buttons at the top or side of this page!
If you like what you’re hearing on Inspired Conversations, I would be very appreciative of your Rating & Review in iTunes. Which will allow the show to reach an even greater audience! I will make sure to thank you by name for your (hopefully) 5-star review on an upcoming show!