Lisa is the Co-Founder and Admissions Coordinator at Path to Serenity and is in the process of obtaining certification as a drug and alcohol counselor. Lisa graduated from the University of Arizona where she majored in Media Arts. She is currently in recovery and has a strong interest in sharing her experience, strength, and hope with others who are recovering.
Lisa has been an important resource at Path to Serenity offering her valuable perspective having gone through the recovery process herself and successfully continuing to stay on track. Lending her voice to a KTLA investigative report on drug abuse, Lisa explained during her interview how addiction can happen to anyone, and that there is help out there. As the admissions Coordinator at Path to Serenity, Lisa welcomes those seeking help in beating addiction.
Inspired Round Q&A:
- Most Inspiring Book-
- For One More Day, Mitch Albom
- Anything by Gillian Flynn or Chuck Palahniuk
- Favorite Song-
- NWA, Chin Check
- Eminem anything hip hop
- Best Resource-
- Books and music are huge because they provide an escape
- Yoga, working out and using 12-step program
- Travelling, reminds her about what it’s like to be alive
- Surprising Fact About Lisa-
- When she was 18 before she was into drugs, she lived in Israel and lived for a year and did a 3 month program of basic training with the Israeli Defense Force Military, one of the hardest things she’s done in her life.
- Most Important Thing to Know About Lisa-
- She wants you to know she’s no better than any addict actively in their addiction. We are all the same, we come from the same blood. She can stay sober because she is helping others achieve what was given to her.
Thank You for Listening! Just One Favor…
If you loved what you heard, I’d love it if you’d share it using the social media buttons at the top or side of this page!
If you like what you’re hearing on Inspired Conversations, I would be very appreciative of your Rating & Review in iTunes. Which will allow the show to reach an even greater audience! I will make sure to thank you by name for your (hopefully) 5-star review on an upcoming show!