Dr. Jeff McNairy, Psy.D., M.P.H. has been working in the healthcare field for 25 years. He has worked in a variety of medical environments and seen the struggle individuals have when actually trying to heal. The current Western system of health care is deficient in healing the population. It is more concerned with managing symptoms and using external sources for “change.” Through Dr. McNairy’s intense experience with the most desperate patient populations (addition, acute mental health, and trauma), he has seen that the only real healing can come from within.
In this podcast:
- Dr. Jeff’s journey into healthcare and working with an acute patient
- Talking about Naturopathic Plant Medicine
- How plant medicine transformed how he works with patients
- tools that can be used for healing
- Breaks down plant medicine and how it helps and the therapeutic qualities
- Neurochemical rebalancing that is occurring – resets the brain
- Processes trauma really well
- Medicinal benefits of plant medicine, with
- There’s an emotional and spiritual component that happens with plant medicine as well
- Plant medicine plugs you into who you are and your journey
- Expectations while taking plant medicine
- 3 Intentions when you arrive at Rythmia – Show me who I’ve become, Give me a new heart, Reunite me with my soul
- What he witnesses in the transformation of people at Rythmia
- How vulnerability plays a role in the process of transformation
- Important for people to realize Rythmia is licensed and a safe space, it’s not just a hippy hangout. It’s a legitimate health center
Inspired Round Q&A:
- Most Inspiring Book-
- Favorite Song-
- Best Resource-
- Plant Medicine – the way he gets all the information he needs to move forward with his journey, it’s significant in shifting who he is as a person. His own source of internal inspiration is his resource and plant medicine helps him do that
- Surprising Fact About Dr. Jeff-
- He’s a trained Mixed Martial Artist, in about 6 different disciplines and has trained for many years.
- Most Important Thing to Know About Dr. Jeff-
- He is always going to root for and support the underdog in society. He finds great enjoyment in creating a space for people who don’t have access usually.
- Daily Practice
- Wakes up and drinks a tall glass of water
- Jogs on the beach or works-out if there are no waves
- Meditates – sits quietly and stretching, gets ready for his day by being with himself
Thank You for Listening! Just One Favor…
If you loved what you heard, I’d love it if you’d share it using the social media buttons at the top or side of this page!
If you like what you’re hearing on Inspired Conversations, I would be very appreciative of your Rating & Review in iTunes. Which will allow the show to reach an even greater audience! I will make sure to thank you by name for your (hopefully) 5-star review on an upcoming show!