Elson Haas, MD has been an integrative family physician since 1973 and is founder-director of the Preventive Medical Center of Marin in San Rafael, California. During more than 40 years of medical practice, Dr. Haas has authored 11 books on health, nutrition, and detoxification, including Staying Healthy with Nutrition, The Detox Diet, The False Fat Diet, Ultimate Immunity, and the classic, Staying Healthy with the Seasons. His most recent book is Staying Healthy with NEW Medicine – Integrating Natural, Eastern and Western approaches for Optimal Health.
In this Podcast:
- He shares about his work in integrative health
- Keeping people healthy and improving health
- The Stimulation Sedation Syndrome – he explains how this is showing up for people
- 2 most common symptoms fatigue and insomnia
- SNACC- explains why we need to be free of these
- The relationships we have with the food
- Natural energy and sleeping better will change your life
- Eat locally and eat seasonally
- Seasonal eating and what nature provides balances the climate we are in
- Food is your body’s fuel
- Finding your own eating program is the key- what works best for you, what are you best foods
- Ask- what is it your doing and how does it affect how you feel. what are your daily habits?
- How being present with our food and how it makes us feel can make all the difference for our health
- Connect with your food – be present, taste it and ask how it makes you feel
- The first bite is 80-90% of the experience (especially with dessert)
- The 5 keys to staying healthy
- Detoxing and cleansing is important during an elimination diet and helps us get better function in our body
- Ask yourself a different question when you don’t feel well – Why is this happening in my body, why does this feel this way? is a more integrative question
- Disease and symptoms are conflicts and healing is the resolution of the conflict – how our mind gets in the way
- How he collaborates with his patients to achieve their best health
Inspired Round Q&A:
- Most Inspiring Book-
- Illusions, Richard Bach “fight for your limitations and they are yours”
- Harry Potter Series
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2
- Favorite Song-
- Best Resource-
- In awe of the internet, siri and alexa having answers.
- Calling the doctors in his contacts on his phone and how technology supports the work
- We’ve exploded our consciousness with technology
- Surprising Fact About Dr. Haas-
- He loves to be outside, keep balance and peace. He has a garden. He likes his alone time but loves being with people. He has a good rhythm in his life.
- Most Important Thing to Know About Dr. Haas-
- At 70 years young he’s as ambitious as ever to get the simple message of health and healing out in the world. It’s time to simplify and really do healing. The main job of our lives is to take care of our bodies. He wants people to take a little more time and attention to themselves and the natural rhythm of their lives.
- His personal motto “Keep love in my heart, say yes when you can and be able to say no”
- Dr. Haas’ Personal Motto: “Keep love in my heart, say yes when I can and be able to say no.”
Thank You for Listening! Just One Favor…
If you loved what you heard, I’d love it if you’d share it using the social media buttons at the top or side of this page!
If you like what you’re hearing on Inspired Conversations, I would be very appreciative of your Rating & Review in iTunes. Which will allow the show to reach an even greater audience! I will make sure to thank you by name for your (hopefully) 5-star review on an upcoming show!