David Shriner-Cahn is a recognized authority on entrepreneurship, leadership development, and the host of the business podcast Smashing the Plateau. Featured in Forbes Magazine’s Three Podcasts To Power Up Your Ultra-Lean Business and Inc. Magazine’s 5 Entrepreneurs That Will Change The Way You Communicate, over 350 episodes of Smashing the Plateau offer a wealth of personal experiences and practical advice about achieving business breakthroughs.
David empowers individuals, teams and organizations to surpass their expectations and become the leaders in their niche. With experience as a CEO, COO and CFO in the not-for-profit sector and project manager in the private sector, David taps into time-tested blueprints to overcome emotional and tactical roadblocks, implementing solutions for individuals and businesses to not only survive but to thrive and grow.
David is the host of Impact Community, a New York event series designed to help solopreneur business owners who are looking to grow their business with consistent revenue and expand their network. He is the Co-Founder of 3DAY MBA, an international business training immersion program based in St. Louis, featuring cutting-edge business innovators to support the success of small business owners worldwide. David is a Champion of BestWork, Inc.featuring Life\Work Design™, the proven strategic planning process for work and life, leading to meaningful work that delivers maximum value. He’s also the host of Smashing the Plateau podcast
In this podcast:
- How to smash the plateau
- Entrepreneurship and leadership
- He describes himself as someone who helps people get to the finish line
- The most challenging thing is to keep focused and perseverance to achieve what we’re going for in our business
- Persevering in the ups and downs in business
- Clear on the secret sauce- combo of skills, education and experience and look at what we each desire to achieve during our lives, the unique combination sets the stage to chart a path to achieve excellence
- Where do you want to go and why
- How is the unique combination of skills, training and experience to achieve goals
- Who to serve and why
- Understand their need and how to help solve their biggest problems
- Small business, a solopreneur business you must understand how to solve the problem for your client in a systematic and repeatable way – this is the key and leads to a successful business doing this
- Secret Sauce and the systems to support it
- David’s secret sauce – being an active listener, a critical leadership skill, having the ability to help people realize and articulate their dreams and a process in place to move towards those dreams and make a strategy and create their own methodology to achieving their goals
- We must listen carefully and understand the problem the people we are serving need to solve
- Breakthroughs happen after thousands of small steps with small pivots
- Focus discipline is a necessity to achieving
- What solopreneurs are challenged and maybe stopped and blocked in achieving growth
- Quick to come up with ideas but don’t have the wherewithal to implement ideas long enough to get results
- The naysayers close to us might be a big obstacle
- The value of spending your time with like-minded people for the support
- What happens when there is an emotional block in the business growth
- What impedes business success?
- The plateau that happens after you break through the milestone
- The hardest thing after achieving something is not being in constant communication with the people he’s helped
- The importance of community and connection for communication
- Tactical and emotional support as you grow
- What are good leaders doing to maintain a leadership role in business – they have unstructured time to interact with people in the business world, employees, customers, clients to get feedback regarding the company
- The difference between being an employee and an entrepreneur
- Why he started the Smashing Plateau Podcast and his favorite part about it
- When you meet someone new, take time to listen
Inspired Round Q&A:
- Most Inspiring Book-
- Favorite Song-
- He has no playlist, he doesn’t turn on music to inspire.
- Best Resource-
- The telephone, being in live dialogue is important.
- Surprising Fact About David –
- He dropped out of kindergarten. Didn’t understand
- Most Important Thing to Know About David –
- Every individual has gifts, every team has gifts and every organization has gifts, when you share your gifts the world prospers
- Business Number: 212-731-0770
Thank You for Listening! Just One Favor…
If you loved what you heard, I’d love it if you’d share it using the social media buttons at the top or side of this page!
If you like what you’re hearing on Inspired Conversations, I would be very appreciative of your Rating & Review in iTunes. Which will allow the show to reach an even greater audience! I will make sure to thank you by name for your (hopefully) 5-star review on an upcoming show!