International bestselling and award-winning author Dr. Danny Penman provides a concise guide to letting go and finding peace in a messy world, simply by taking the time to breathe. This is a low-impact, easy, and motivating approach to using your breath to change your life. Penman teaches you how to dissolve anxiety, stress, and unhappiness, enhance your mind and unleash your creativity with simple exercises. And with each little moment of mindfulness, discover a happier, calmer you.
In this Podcast:
- Why he wrote the Art of Breathing
- What does mindfulness mean and why it’s important
- The benefits of mindfulness
- How breathing can save our lives and connect us all
- Danny shares how breath work saved his life
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- How the practice of mindful breathing can change our lives in the most chaotic times
- His daily practice
Inspired Round Q&A:
- Most Inspiring Book-
- He doesn’t have one book, he’ll often find a book that speaks to him in a bookcase in his house, he has lots of books in his house
- Tao Te Ching
- Favorite Song-
- He listens to spotify and writes with music on but doesn’t have a specific song
- He goes to tropical house music to uplift his mood – but doesn’t really rely on it
- Best Resource-
- Coffee, he finds it essential to good writing and drinks gallons of it
- Surprising Fact About Danny-
- People expect him to be a monk-like person or serene in some kind of way and he’s not quiet at all.
- Most Important Thing to Know About Danny-
- He really doesn’t know….people can make of him what they will!
- Daily Practice
- 10 minutes or breathing before he starts writing
- Various points throughout the day he’ll do conscious breathing and check in with himself to note his level of stress in his body
- He will do a 20-30 minute meditation before he picks up his daughter from school
- He’ll do a meta-meditation to focus on self-love and compassion
Thank You for Listening! Just One Favor…
If you loved what you heard, I’d love it if you’d share it using the social media buttons at the top or side of this page!
If you like what you’re hearing on Inspired Conversations, I would be very appreciative of your Rating & Review in iTunes. Which will allow the show to reach an even greater audience! I will make sure to thank you by name for your (hopefully) 5-star review on an upcoming show!