Courtney is the founder of Lead Star and served as a Captain in the United States Marine Corps. As the founding partner of Lead Star, Courtney works closely with all levels of leaders — from CEOs to frontline team members. She facilitates executive team sessions, delivers dynamic keynotes and designs and delivers development programs that drive immediate results. In addition to her work with consulting clients, Courtney serves as the Director of the Center for Creative Leadership’s Partner Network, convening and connecting leading consultancies with the Center’s innovative thought leadership, research and development solutions. Prior to creating Lead Star, Courtney was an attorney at one of the nation’s largest law firms and a sales manager for Rational Software. She holds a law degree from William & Mary, an undergraduate degree from North Carolina State University and completed intensive studies at Cambridge University. She is the co-author, with Angie Morgan, of Leading from the Front. She’s been a guest on CNBC, FOX News, and CNN and her efforts with Lead Star have been noted in Fast Company, Inc., The New York Times and others.
She is also the Co-Author of Spark, How to Lead Yourself and Others to Greater Success.
Inspired Round Q&A:
- Most Inspiring Book-
- Dare to Succeed by Honor Books – quotes and reflections
- Favorite Song-
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cindy Lauper
- Best Resource-
- Hello Fresh– meal delivery, learning how to cook healthier with it
- Surprising Fact About Courtney-
- She’s a pacifist. She doesn’t want to see armed conflict, she strives to live in a peaceful world where the military is not needed.
- Most Important Thing to Know About Courtney-
- She cares so deeply about other people and adding value to other people.
- Text: Leadstar to 66866
Thank You for Listening! Just One Favor…
If you loved what you heard, I’d love it if you’d share it using the social media buttons at the top or side of this page!
If you like what you’re hearing on Inspired Conversations, I would be very appreciative of your Rating & Review in iTunes. Which will allow the show to reach an even greater audience! I will make sure to thank you by name for your (hopefully) 5-star review on an upcoming show!