Acharya Shunya is an internationally recognized spiritual teacher, ordained lineage holder, and authoritative scholar of the Vedic Sciences of Ayurveda, Yoga, and Vedanta. Described by her students as a truth teller and an awakener of health and spiritual consciousness, She is known for her embodied wisdom, impassioned knowledge, unique self-expression, and inspirational style of teaching. In 2007, she founded Vedika Global, a spiritual foundation in northern California, with a wisdom school, illuminating the sciences of Ayurveda, Yoga, and Vedanta. Here, She leads regular satsanghas, where she expounds upon rare spiritual insights and the non-dual meditation tradition from Vedic and Upanishadic scriptures as well as awakening spiritual practices.
Her foundation also supports myriad wellness educational programs for public and healthcare professionals. In association with graduates, it supports Ayurveda lifestyle courses at Stanford University’s Health Improvement program and provides Ayurveda staff trainings in California prisons and police departments.
Inspired Round Q&A:
- Most Inspiring Book-
- Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
- Favorite Song-
- Sanskrit & Hindi Chants
- Best Resource-
- Hug herself more often
- Spending time in nature, nature walks alone.
- Surprising Fact About Acharya Shunya-
- She was a cheeky, rebellious young girl and wouldn’t have been the first pick to be training for teacher status by her grandfather.
- Most Important Thing to Know About Acharya Shunya-
- She wants you to know she’s your friend. She’s here and she’s accessible. She embodies to role model we can be vulnerable and strong at the same time.
- Book by Shunya:
Thank You for Listening! Just One Favor…
If you loved what you heard, I’d love it if you’d share it using the social media buttons at the top or side of this page!
If you like what you’re hearing on Inspired Conversations, I would be very appreciative of your Rating & Review in iTunes. Which will allow the show to reach an even greater audience! I will make sure to thank you by name for your (hopefully) 5-star review on an upcoming show!